Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A wonderful new product!

I've been trying my hand at Melt and Pour soaps for a couple months now. I'd never made them before so it was a learning experience for me to say the least! I've only ever made Cold Process Soaps so the whole Melt and Pour thing sounded SO easy - well it's not!


First, I had to find the perfect base. I did not want a base that had any SLS or other lathering agents in it. After trying several bases from several different suppliers, I finally found the one I was looking for! It produces a rich and creamy lotion like lather that is just amazing and doesn't contain any lathering agents, SLS or other harsh additives!


So once I found the base, I had to test it with the fragrances and colors I wanted to use - WOW - this is the fun part! I measured and poured and stirred and smelled and adjusted and tweaked and leveled and molded and unmolded and THEN, did it all over again! :0)


Well let me tell you - I think I am in love now!! I love making Cold Process Soap but making Melt and Pour is a whole new experience that I didn't realize was so much fun! I like that I can be a little bit more creative with my soaps offer and even wider selection of eye cathching, nose pleasing, skin loving products for all my customers!


Stop on by my SHOP this whole week to see newly added Melt and Pour soaps such as Sun-Kissed Kiwi (pictured below) which I've already added.

Coming soon are Strawberry Champagne, Caramel Apple, Neroli Lime, Amber Romance, Cashmere & Silk, Eucalyptus & Spearmint and several more!!!!




No comments: