Monday, July 12, 2010

Shane Wyatt Davis is here!

He's Here!!!!
Shane Wyatt Davis
Born: July 8th at 1:32pm
Weight: 8lbs 12 oz
Length: 20 inches

Meet our newest little peanut! He is simply perfect isn't he? :0) Ok so I'm bias! I can't help it! Shane was due to arrive on the 8th sometime past 6pm because the doctor was suppose to induce me. However, Shane seems to get his patience from me because I woke up Thursday morning at 3:30 am with what I thought were contractions but kept thinking that was impossible because that was not the predetermined plan! There was a plan you know! :)

So I did lots of things that morning trying to stop the contractions, lying down, drinking water, eating etc. Nothing was working. The contractions were 13 minutes apart so I wasn't really sure that it was labor anyway. Sometime around 6:30 I got a little sick in the bathroom and then my contractions went from 13 minutes apart to 7 minutes apart immediately! PANIC set in! I woke up my husband who woke up the kids and started getting everyone ready to go. I called my parents who had just gotten back from Florida the night before to come pick up the kids from the hospital (sorry if I made you panic Dad). I can't imagine what it's like to hear your daughter have a contraction on the phone! They made it there lightening fast which was great because my husband was pulling double duty trying to be with me and keep an eye on our other two in the "family room" across the hall from my room.

After that it was a piece of cake! We arrived at the hospital at 8:00am and he was born just 5 1/2 hours later! I did have to get an epidural though, I didn't know it would go so fast otherwise I might have just went natural - NOT! It was literally so painful that I was begging for the epidural! :0) Of course I got it and five minutes later my water broke and then 45 minutes later he was born!

He is a good baby and very content as long as his diaper is clean and his belly is full. We are getting a routine down and once that is established, I'll incorporate soap making into the mix. I can't wait until I can start up again! The last few weeks of my pregnancy I was too miserable to make stuff and now that he is here -it's just a matter of balancing time and work.

I am hoping to add some new products when I reopen as well - tinted Lip Butter are first, and Vegetable Based Deodorant is next. I'm still working on a replacement for my Body Mousse recipe. I have not been able to correct the issue I was having so I'm starting from scratch. I'm also going to work on a Cold Process Olive Oil based soap. Not a true castille soap (although that is in the future plan) but a soap with the main ingredient being Olive Oil.

I have not decided exactly when I will reopen, it is looking like it'll be at least the middle of August. I'll keep you updated in the next couple of weeks about this!

Thank you all so much for all the patience and understanding during my pregnancy! I really appreciate it!

3 comments:

TeeTee Lynn said...

Congratulations! He is adorable! Hope everyone is doing well. :)

Dawnaurora said...

Congrats Rachel. He is an adorable peanut.

Rachel Rene said...

Thanks!!!! Dawn that's what I call hime my little peanut! :0) We're doing great Tee Tee - this week is going very well!