Monday, December 8, 2008

The Holiday are almost here!

What happened? I can't believe that Christmas is only 17 days away! I am so not ready! Are you?

I sat down this weekend and finally started decorating the house, put up the tree (those damn lights!!!!) and put up the stockings! Last night I sat down and made a list of people I need to purchase gifts for. Usually I'm way more prepared than this but this year has just slipped away rapidly! I have 18 people to buy for, 11 more gifts to make/bake for teachers, bus drivers, neighbors, etc., a Christmas dinner to plan for my in-laws which will take place a week from Saturday, 2 school parties to make stuff for, and to top that off, my daughter who turns 7 on December 30th, would like to have a sleep over this year as her birthday party which I agreed to in October!

It just seems things are going by way to fast these days and even though my nerves are frayed and I worry about not getting everything done in time, I know that the world will NOT come to an end if I forget something or take a day to watch movies with my kids or play in the snow because at the end of the day, isn't that what's most important and what the holidays are all about? Spending time with your family?!

Last night about an hour before bedtime, my kids went and helped each other get all their snow gear on then came out and said they wanted to play in the snow. It was dark and extremely cold out and even though I didn't want to go out I could not tell them no. Not after they helped each other get on snow pants, coats, hats, gloves, boots, and scarves. So Daddy and I also got all of our snow gear on and took turns pulling them on the sled over and around the drifts in the yard! We all had a blast! Then we all came in and had hot cocoa to warm up. They got to bed later than normal but who cares, the world didn't end and we created a wonderful memory.

And that my friends is what I think the holidays are all about. So now I feel like I am one step ahead instead of 4 behind!

No comments: